Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How's that for stupid?

Last night I got most of the new motors hooked up:

Naturally, the next thing I did was to hook up my gShield to verify that the motors would turn when commanded to do so.

But it didn't!  Even though all of the wiring looked good for the Y axis motor.  There was a brief sound every time I clicked, but no motion.  I double checked on the inventables website that I could drive my motors with the gShield, and sure enough I could.

This evening I took a look at it again.

I'd switched axis in my head.  The brief sound I'd heard was the other axis's motor.

Sigh.

It made buying a terminal block at Radio Shack, where you have to wrap the wires around the screws rather than sandwiching them between plates, look relatively minor.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. That's funny. Cool project! I'm looking forward to seeing what interesting stuff gets produced when it is fully operational.

    ReplyDelete